Serious side effects include:
- severe allergic reactions (call your doctor if you have difficulty breathing, see swelling or hives, or to experience other allergic reactions)
- decreased growth (height and weight) in children
- problems with urination including
- trouble starting or maintaining a flow of urine
- can not completely empty the bladder
Common side effects in children and adolescents include:
- decreased appetite
- nausea or vomiting
- humor changes
Common side effects in adults include:
- dry mouth
- decreased appetite
- sexual side effects
- problems urinating
Other information for children, adolescents and adults:
- non-disappearing erections (priapism) have occurred rarely during treatment with Strattera. If you have an erection lasting more than 4 hours, get medical help far. Due to the possibility of lasting damage, including the possible inability to erection, priapism should be evaluated immediately by a physician.
- strattera may affect your child’s ability or ability to operate or operate heavy machinery. Be careful until you know how Strattera affects you or your child.
- talk to your doctor if you or your child has side effects that are bothersome or do not go away.
This is not a complete list of possible side effects. Call your doctor for side effects. You may report side effects to FDA at 1-800-FDA-1088.
My son had to take Strattera for six months, the effect was clearly positive, I already wrote about this. On vacation the son underwent a complete medical examination, no side effects were noted, all the main indicators, including blood, were normal. And if the hyperactivity is somehow regulated, then attention and memory are simply awful. Although the neurologist said that memory just need to train constantly. We’ve done all sorts of exercises. When it comes to everyday things, everything is fine. As soon as the mathematics – memory sharply becomes short-lived)) And Strattera does not help. Maybe we expect too much. The good things are, the child stopped fighting, became more attentive, visits the school without a single problem, and even writes in notebooks. Grades in the school became better. I hope for the best. Now we have a dosage of 40 mg, and we must take it until the end of the school year.
My grandson went to the first class and immediately appeared notes from his teacher, daily – not attentive, not diligent, distracting others from learning, running, jumping, etc. He does not sleep more in the daytime. By the evening just losing his control, gets tired, the nervous system overloaded almost till the morning. On the advice of a specialist from a children’s polyclinic for four months we gave him Strattera. After taking the medicine, the child became more balanced, more diligent, more relaxed. In the daytime (all 4 months) he sleeps for 2-3 hours. Became cheerful, full of strength. But he began to eat worse, lost some weight.