Side effects of Atomoxetine
Serious side effects include:
- serious allergic reactions (call your doctor if you have trouble breathing, see swelling or hives, or experience other allergic reactions)
- slowing of growth (height and weight) in children
- problems passing urine including
- trouble starting or keeping a urine stream
- cannot fully empty the bladder
Common side effects in children and teenagers include:
- upset stomach
- decreased appetite
- nausea or vomiting
- mood swings
Common side effects in adults include:
- dry mouth
- decreased appetite
- trouble sleeping
- sexual side effects
- menstrual cramps
- problems passing urine
Other information for children, teenagers, and adults:
- Erections that won’t go away (priapism) have occurred rarely during treatment with Strattera. If you have an erection that lasts more than 4 hours, seek medical help right away. Because of the potential for lasting damage, including the potential inability to have erections, priapism should be evaluated by a doctor immediately.
- Strattera may affect your ability or your child’s ability to drive or operate heavy machinery. Be careful until you know how Strattera affects you or your child.
- Talk to your doctor if you or your child has side effects that are bothersome or do not go away.
- This is not a complete list of possible side effects. Call your doctor for medical advice about side effects. You may report side effects to FDA at 1-800-FDA-1088.
My son had to take Strattera for six months, the effect was clearly positive, I already wrote about this. On vacation the son underwent a complete medical examination, no side effects were noted, all the main indicators, including blood, were normal. And if the hyperactivity is somehow regulated, then attention and memory are simply awful. Although the neurologist said that memory just need to train constantly. We’ve done all sorts of exercises. When it comes to everyday things, everything is fine. As soon as the mathematics – memory sharply becomes short-lived)) And Strattera does not help. Maybe we expect too much. The good things are, the child stopped fighting, became more attentive, visits the school without a single problem, and even writes in notebooks. Grades in the school became better. I hope for the best. Now we have a dosage of 40 mg, and we must take it until the end of the school year.
My grandson went to the first class and immediately appeared notes from his teacher, daily – not attentive, not diligent, distracting others from learning, running, jumping, etc. He does not sleep more in the daytime. By the evening just losing his control, gets tired, the nervous system overloaded almost till the morning. On the advice of a specialist from a children’s polyclinic for four months we gave him Strattera. After taking the medicine, the child became more balanced, more diligent, more relaxed. In the daytime (all 4 months) he sleeps for 2-3 hours. Became cheerful, full of strength. But he began to eat worse, lost some weight.